Monday, April 05, 2010

Why Do You Love Conference???

This morning I was talking to the kids about General Conference and some of our favorite things about the weekend. Then I asked them all two questions and wrote their answers.

Why do you love conference?

Michael: People who speak in conference, they were called by Heavenly Father and Jesus to say the things they say.

Bekah: They are prophets that we love and they are in General Conference.

Abby: Because it is really good!

Why is General Conference important?

Michael: It is like we are listening to Heavenly Father talk to us.

Bekah: Because it is really good! And because we love the prophets and apostles.

Abby: Because it is really, really good!

I loved sharing the weekend with these sweet kiddos. We had done some good preparation with the apostles' pictures and biographies, so they each knew the apostles by name, and picked their "favorites."

Michael: L. Tom Perry (who has been his favorite ever since he found out he played college football...)

Bekah: Elder Bednar

Abby: President Uchtdorf

I hope that their love for General Conference will continue to grow and solidify into fortified testimonies of the Lord's appointed leaders on the earth. It is so very important to have faith in the prophets and apostles... their messages are filled with inspired ways to help us be truly happy.

I gained so much, as a mother of young children, from the messages this time. Now it is up to me to put what I learned to the test. As Julie Beck taught, "it is possible to be bathed in help, even in turbulent times" if we seek direction and utilize the power of personal revelation in our lives. General Conference is such a part of that for me, and I truly receive personal ways to improve my own life and the lives of my family members.

And that is why I love General Conference!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails