Friday, May 01, 2009

Hooray for Hannzah!

Last weekend was a Hannzah Bonanza!


Paul's little sister, Hannah, came down to spend some time with us and lend a little hand with the beginnings of packing up our house. What a wonderful time we had with her.

Hannah... it was a joy to have you come. We loved being at Sunset Beach with you. As you played sand football with Michael, collected pretty-pretties with Bekah, and admired Abby's many sand angels, I realized how blessed my children are to have family members that truly love them. Thank you for kissing away tears, wearing dorky 3-D glasses, singing and dancing, and just sitting down to play puzzles or princesses.


Thank you for giving me a day to just focus on beginning the job of packing up our house. I have been overwhelmed by the daunting task of packing a house when Paul is so very busy (and so very gone), and my hands are full of the usual tasks with the kiddos and keeping things going each day. I've wondered how I would do it without feeling like I am neglecting my children. You were happy to spend fun time with the kids while I made a big beginning dent in packing up the house. Paul's side of the garage is filled with packed boxes--he gets the driveway from now on! :)

Ella says: Thank you for being the only person (besides Paul) I go to willingly when my mommy is around :)

Abby says: "I'm Sleeping Tootie. You love Abby. Mulan, Belle, and princesses are laying down and they almost stuck. I want to do Hannah cookies!"

Bekah says: "I like to wear the silly glasses like Aunt Hannah. I love you, too. I like to do my puzzles to you.I'm all done with the movie and we watched the movie."


Michael says: "Thank you for playing with me at the beach. And it was fun to go to the 3-D movie with us. You looked silly in the glasses!"


Your quiet help meant so much to me. It was heaven to come downstairs after putting the kids to bed to find dinner and the kitchen all cleaned up. And, as always, I enjoyed your company and our talks. Having you around makes me feel like the college student I still feel like inside... and yet you ask for advice from the 30-year-old that I am. You are a fun influence on our home, and we all loved having you here!

Thank you, and we miss you! We look forward to many Hannzah Bonanzas to come!

7 comments:

Hannah Ruth Frandsen said...

awww, thank you so much for that... I cried, it was good and sad tears. Good because I am so glad to have a brother who loves me so much and blessed that I have a brother whose wife loves me too... not only that but who AMAZING WONDERFUL children! I think about every one of you through out the day, and think of what is possibly going on! i loved taking care of the children, I am so gad that I got to come spend that time with you! Thanks for loving me no matter what and believing in me... Not just you Paul and Amy but your kids to:) They are so fun to be around! you guys are such great parents! I have learned a lot from you two! Abby: I want Hannah cookies too! and I love you!
Michael: I loved going to the movie with you and the glasses were awesome! even though I looked silly!
Bekah:I like to do puzzles to you too:) and I love you!
Ella: I love you also and I am glad you let me take care of you when mom is around because I love to!
I love you Paul and Amy! I wish I could have spent a little more time with you guys!

Hannah Ruth Frandsen said...

oh ya I forgot to say why they were sad tears! Because I miss you guys!

patty said...

Hannah really did love every minute she spent with you. She tells me all kinds of Bekah and Abby stories to keep me laughing, those stories kept me awake for the last leg of our, very late, trip from Las Vegas.
We will miss Hannah too. She is very dear to me. I hope Stephen enjoys the Summer with her. She is a lucky girl to be spending the whole Summer with Stevie.

petey said...

hannah.
i'm just glad that you got home from cali. from the letter tracy wrote, it looked as if you might not make it.

amy/paul.
are you guys getting in everything you want to do one last time or one first time for you pack up and leave for utah?

Amy F said...

Hannah... we wish it could have been longer, too. Just promise you won't stay in NYC forever!

Stevie... Stay in NYC so we can come visit you there, too!

Mom and Dad F... thanks again for getting Hannah here.

Petey... we wish. Paul is working up a storm with only a couple of random days off... mostly Sundays. No road trips for us. Although we have been thinking about renewing our California resident Disneyland passes...

In that case... you can look forward to some more cheesy Disneyland pictures before this family heads out of California... and a trip or two thereafter.

Me? I need at least another beach day. Or even 1/2 day. Or two 1/2 days if we can manage?? Then the other sites will have to wait for times when Paul actually has some free time. :(

Dad (TMF) said...

Hannah is a great 'Aunt Hannah.' She is a great Daughter, also.

Stephen said...

hannzah bonanza in nyc soon!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails