Monday, May 11, 2009

The Dentist Office: Filled to Capacity...

It was time for the kiddos to have their teeth cleaned again. This time I scheduled all of them (except Ella) for the first appointment time at 8am.

I don't know why, but it was so funny to me as we took this family trip to the dentist office. It was like we walked in and overwhelmed the entire place. They each took one of the three chairs, and Paul and I kept zig-zagging to check on progress and encourage.


It was actually a delightful trip. The kids were excited. It seems like preparation is half of the experience, and we had talked about it excitedly the day before. We love our pediatric dentist here. And the office is a fun place for the kids. They actually loved it.


Michael always likes to be a "good patient." His six-year molars are coming in, which made him especially proud.


Abby was a crack up. She was very social as her teeth were being cleaned, and loved all the attention. Her favorite part was the spit vacuum thingy (whaddayacallit Petey??). She would close her lips around it and laugh and laugh and laugh.


I was a little worried about Bekah because she's been a bit particular lately. But she focused on the "be very still" part, and barely moved. Then Bekah saw what Abby was laughing about and caught on quickly. The hygienists were nice enough to let them play with these new "toys" for a bit. What a fun place!!


Ella loved looking at all the sights and carefully watched as she heard new sounds. What a good, calm, patient baby she is.

So my kids loved their dentist appointments. What a fun family outing! We liked it so much I think we'll do it again in another 6 months! :)

9 comments:

Tringali Family said...

How nice and to have them all scheduled together! I attempted to schedule Ella's 3 year check up (a little late) with Robbie's 1 year appointment with the pediatrician...and they don't schedule siblings together! How lame is that???? Isn't that what peds are all about?

petey said...

looks like a fun trip.

did your kids get any nitrous oxide? i bet they would have loved that too.

vacuumy thingy has an awesome name: saliva injector.

pediatric dentists love euphemisms for all their gadgets, so it often goes by: Mr. Slurpy. but it can go by many names.

Lindsay said...

So cute! It's great they love it so much!

Amy F said...

Ooooo... Mr. Slurpy. No wonder they liked it so much.

Jill T said...

I know all about filling up the office quickly! :) It looks like you had a fun trip. My kids actually like going to the dentist too. It helps that his name is Uncle Michael and he has movies on the ceiling and an xbox or whatever that gaming thing is in the waiting room!

If you need a new pediatric dentist in UT we highly recommend Dr. Tew! :) He's opening a new office in Saratoga Springs, which we're excited about because it will be really close!

Amy F said...

Jill... I of course thought of you as we filled the seats. Funny thing... our good friends here in CA, Stu and Christine, are moving at the same time we are to the same city in Utah. He is a new pediatric dentist that will be working in your bro-in-law's office! He mentioned Dr. Tew, and I knew just who he was talking about. Small world!!

Jill T said...

It IS a small world. I'll have to ask Michael about them. What's their last name? Is he working in Michael's bldg or actual office?

Dad (TMF) said...

Smart pediatric office. When a 'group' of siblings does the 'no show' thing, then the office is left waiting. When one parent shows up with three children, then you never know if your education penetrated because the parent is busy watching the other children.

Saysha said...

Fun family trip! Your kids are adorable...and little Ella is getting so big! I'm glad she's such a great baby for you Amy! We miss you guys. When are you moving back to Utah? We're going to be there most of June and into July...love to meet up if you're already there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails