Friday, February 06, 2009

Birthday Reminiscings...

Today is Abby's and Bekah's birthday. We probably won't be able to get away with this again... but we delayed all celebration until tomorrow when Paul is actually home during the day and Michael is home from school. Aaahhh... the luxury that young childhood oblivion gives to parents.

And although not much official celebrating has happened today, I've been very reminiscent about how that day in February 2006 changed our family forever.

Welcome to our family! Day one.

Just a few days old
(Bekah left, Abby right)

5 months old
(Abby top, Bekah bottom)


Tomorrow is their official birthday party, and I'm supposed to be making their princess birthday cakes. Instead, I have been going through pictures for the past hour... remembering so much and feeling so much for my sweet girls.

5 months old
(Abby left, Bekah right)

9 months old
(Abby left, Bekah right)

Abby, 1 year old

Bekah, 1 year old

In so many ways, Abby and Bekah have colored our lives for the past three years. They keep me busy... oh, so busy... and bring a range of emotion into my life that I never thought possible.

Summer 2007
(Bekah left, Abby right)

Fall 2007
(Bekah left, Abby right)

Christmas 2007
(Abby left, Bekah right)

I trust that Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he entrusted them into my care... because there are so many times when I have no idea what to do. But I am learning and they are making me better. And as long as we are all better in the end, that is what matters.

2 1/2
(Bekah left, Abby right)

This summer
(Abby left, Bekah right)

This Halloween
(Abby left, Bekah right)
This winter
(Abby left, Bekah right)

I am so glad to be their mother. Happy birthday, to the sisters! We'll party hearty tomorrow.

And there will be more memories to reminisce.

12 comments:

libby said...

They are cute, cute girls! Happy Birthday Abby and Bekah!!

Jenni Coberly said...

I can't believe they are already three!! Ty and I are celebrating his birthday today too...well sort of. His party will be on the 21st (not his birthday either) but I'm taking him to Playhouse Disney Live. He's a bit of a Little Einsteins fanatic and I can't wait to see his face light up. This is such a wonderful age. I have truly enjoyed it.

Your girls are getting so big and so beautiful. Have fun today!!

Aaron Joseph said...

Happy birthday Abby and Bakah!!!Amy, you are so lucky to have such adorable children!

WalkConkies said...

Sooo sweet! You have such precious children and they are so lucky to have you as their Mom. Keep up the good work, Amy and Paul! We're excited for your move to Utah!

Jill T said...

Happy Birthday Abby and Bekah! I can't wait to hear about the party. That toe eating picture is a hoot! All of the pictures were so cute.

patty said...

What a sweet blessing the girls have been. We are so excited for them to come.

Dad (TMF) said...

Baby Ella has role models galore!

MJ said...

Happy birthday girls! We can't wait to see you.

I thought I was so good at telling them apart until I hit the third picture down...I could swear that Beckah is the on on top and Abby is on bottom, but I would never challenge the mother! :)

Allan said...

I can't believe it has been three years. Val has no problem telling Abby and Bekah apart. I have given up; I am just grateful to have such wonderful grandchildren. All of 'em!

Stephen said...

oh.....so cute....

Christene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christene said...

It was fun to see those old pics. Amazing that I could tell who was who from the first pic. They still look the same! Tell them happy happy from us. Would love to see you guys soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails