Monday, February 23, 2009

Abby and Bekah... 3rd Birthday!!!

Abby and Bekah turned THREE... can you believe it?? My little girls. Getting so old.


Abby... concentrating hard on her new age.


This is how Bekah does her 3. Isn't it cute??



Here are a few pictures from their special day... it was a lot of fun to watch them feel the doting and special treatment that comes on a birthday.

Before their "birthday party day" there was much excitement in the air as I gathered things for their requested "princess birthday cakes." Anyone who asked them about their birthday got an earful about how the cake would have a princess, and that it would be pink. They had been talking about it for weeks, actually. It is funny how they just latched onto it. But anticipation is half of the greatness of these occasions, don't you think??

Paul and I stayed up together the night before making the cakes, wrapping, and decorating around the house. When we went in to check on them before turning in for the night, this is how we found them...


...which of course brought tears to my eyes as a flood of memories from 3 years before came into my mind about the first bed they shared...


It has been an eventful three years, and this is how we celebrated this year.

When they woke up, they got to open first presents... birthday dresses. Oh, how they love dresses. They reveled in the balloons and streamers that were just outside their bedroom door. Then they came downstairs to see their much-anticipated princess birthday cakes...



Close ups, complete with finger-digging prints!



Then they wandered the house to see all the little decorations Michael had put up for them...


(It was really cute... Michael went downstairs before any of the rest of us were awake and put streamers in many random places for them to find and giggle about.)

Then Paul "made" birthday breakfast by whisking them off to the store to pick out a special cereal. They both ended up with Lucky Charms. What a treat!


They got to open a few presents and play with them before their "birthday feast," for which we invited our good friends and neighbors the Rowleys to celebrate with us. For their feast they requested pizza and chicken nuggets. Yum.

Happy Birthday time!



I love this series of pictures...




Then we sang...

(I can't get this video to work right now... I'll try again later...)


And they opened more presents. Thanks so much to everyone who was so very thoughtful... they loved the singing princesses, big purses and hats, dress-up dolls, princess crowns and masks, books, and fancy-schmancy church dresses! What thoughtful family and friends we have!

I gave them a "pass" on naptime, and they played away the afternoon with the Rowley kiddos and their new birthday presents. Paul had to leave for work early in the evening, so I got to read them new books, play Hungry Hippos, and let them brush my hair with plastic princess brushes.

Happy Birthday to the sisters! I am so happy to have your unique, delightful personalities in our family. We are so blessed to have you! Here's to a great year!

11 comments:

Jenni Coberly said...

The cakes are so cute! The cake is so important. Ty had to have a red, Little Einsteins rocket cake. So, that's what he got. He's been talking about it since October so I'm glad it turned out and the big day was a success. I hope all it well with your little family. They are growing, growing, growing!!

libby said...

Wow, Amy! Those cakes are so cute! Next time I'm in Utah maybe you can teach me a little something?? The girls are so cute--happy birthday Abby and Bekah!

Aaron Joseph said...

Nice job on the cakes Amy. Those were absolutely adorable dresses. I'm glad they haven't grown up TOO much yet!

WalkConkies said...

I was just telling Jesi that we could do a cake like that for her b-day. Yours turned out sooo cute. (The kids and the cakes!)

Natalie said...

They are such cute little girls! Giving me ideas for my girl's birthdays coming up...

Aaron Joseph said...

Michael and Chelsey should collaborate on wedding decorations!

KFerrara said...

What a fun birthday for your girls!!! I remember the days when my Dad would take me and my twin sister to the store to pick out our own treat! We'd always pick the same cereal too!
So much fun!

Jill T said...

Fun, fun day! I love the video clip how Paul let's them look at the cakes, and quickly pushes them away. :) They turned out really cute! And I also love the bed picture with them in just their diapers. So many cute things about that picture!

Stephen said...

nice job amy AND paul on the cakes, right?
paul helped, am i right?

Amy F said...

Paul helped eat the dark pink frosting before I was done and almost ruined Bekah's birthday. Just kidding. ... about the ruining part. He really did just eat frosting.

But he wrapped all the presents and decorated. It was a fun day.

mom/shauna said...

Absolutely darling princess cakes, Amy. Where did you get the idea?
I agree with Jill, the bed shot of the girls together was precious!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails