So anyway... there is lots to post, share, and remember with all of you. I think I'll do it slowly instead of trying to tackle it all at once. So first up... THE LAS VEGAS BOWL!!!

Paul has been planning on his Cougars going to this bowl game all season long... until the end when there was a glimmer of hope at the possibility of a BCS bowl (I wasn't holding my breath...). So were the rest of the Frandsen men, as well as my Risenmay crew. We were happy that so many of us got to be there together.
So we drove to Spanish Fork on Thursday night and had a few adventures on Friday before we left for Vegas...
Michael was soooooo excited at the first sight of snow on our drive, and talked about it all the way until we got to Spanish Fork. He was out in it that night (no coat, bare feet, and all) and couldn't wait to get out in it the next day.

He got to go snowmobiling with his daddy and beloved Uncle Lafe on the old snowmobile Grandpappy fixed up just for the occasion (thanks again!)...

And the girls flooded Grandpatty and Grandpappy's bathroom floor with a good 1/4 inch of water (I think the floorboards in the closet have recovered???)...

First of all I must say thanks to Mom Frandsen for watching the kiddos so that we could go down w/o the elaborate planning it would take to bring kids to such an adventure. But she did have a few adventures of her own.
Paul and I went down with Jonny and Mel on Friday night and stayed at the famed Golden Nugget. We wandered around the strip for a while before the pregnant girls turned in, leaving Paul and Jonny to their own devices. Let's just say our breakfasts were two-for-one because of their genius use of the vouchers the hotel provided.
The next morning we got to sleep in (!!!), enjoy breakfast with Jonny and Mel, and then make use of the much-awaited (and never-to-be-the-same) shark reef pool/slide. I won't pretend to know all of what happened once my brothers got there, but here is a video showing the layout of the place...
Jonny and Paul enjoying a relaxing dip, and the calm before the storm (by storm I mean, of course, my brothers)...


Be very glad I left at this point and wasn't there to get pictures/video. But perhaps the Nugget security cams can provide some for you...
Then off to grab some M&Ms and squeeze 5 people into the backseat of a Malibu on the way to our VIP tailgate party.




We enjoyed(?) some brats and ale (ginger, that is...), good company, and the menfolk threw around the pigskin...



The game was cold and but enjoyable.

We enjoyed some Frandsen time, then scandalously sneaked down to some closer seats with my brothers. All that really matters is that the last field goal attempt was blocked, and the Cougars came out on top, causing a mad rush from dedicated fans... of which we were a part.

I am proud to say I told (screamed) Max Hall "Good Job" while personally assaulting his shoulder pads. We were right up close to the podium to see the awards ceremony. I must say I was touched to see the emotion on Bronco's face. What a guy. What a game. What a great day. See here for the Risenmay Recap.
The roads were snowy on the way home, but home we went with enough time to get a *few* hours before church the next day. The house was still standing, and the girls only flooded the bathroom another two times!Stay tuned for more holiday happenings...

8 comments:
I just need to express my appreciation to all of you terrific Frandsens for helping Amy and those beautiful kids visit us over the New Year holiday. It wouldn't have been possible without you, not to mentiion the fact that you had to share them with us. I am just hoping that one day Abby and I can be friends.
I think Amy gained an even greater appreciation for the terrific husband and father that Paul is. So did we. We sure missed you, Paul. That is just what we needed: one more 13-year-old around the house. What is with you guys when you get together?
Thanks for the pictures.
hmmmm.....
These pictures aren't working. I have tried three browsers now....
Allan, thanks for letting Amy marry Paul. We would do anything in the world for her.
Pictures aren't working for me either...
I'll work on it tomorrow. Spent a long, full day at Disneyland today with Mom Frandsen... fun times. We'll try to have her off tomorrow morning... if the girls will let her out of the door...
paul, what happened to the link to our blog? Where is the love brother?
There... finally got all the pictures on and working... right??
Sorry that took a while.
Thanks again, everyone, for such a great bowl memory. It really was a lot of fun.
Thanks for the fun pics. Can't wait for more!
I can see pictures now! Love the B&W ones of the girls, those rascals.
Post a Comment