Friday, January 25, 2008

girl power...



amy arrived home from christmas break to a surprise. i had created a new itunes playlist and i suspect it has caused her some disconcertion. not the music, per se, but that i had collected this particular group of songs into one location and was listening to them in my spare time.

you may be the judge. let me know what you think. are there songs in the genre that i've left off and are crying to be let in?

this is not the high-brow fare my brother offered a few weeks back, but i think this playlist adds a little funk to a very vanilla flavored life...

6 comments:

Amy F said...

What's wrong with vanilla??

MJ said...

Paul, I had no idea you and I had a common affinity for the "girl power" music. In high school I made four official collections of this genre of music, but I called them "I hate boys" vol.1,2,3 and 4. The majority were inspired by jonnyboy. :) What's your inspiration?

I have to say I like your collection, but you are missing the classics. Aretha needs some respect!

MJ said...

Amy-even though I didn't take a few hours to listen to Stevie's Scotch Mist, I am also a fan of vanilla. Although I do think it is best when combined with a few carmel cashew surprises mmmmmm!

Thank you so much for calling to check in on me lately--sorry I have missed every one of your calls. And now that I am sitting here wanting to call you back to chat about the beauties of late pregnancy we have but 30 minutes left on our phone plan until tomorrow night. I feel so shallow. I guess that's what we get for having shallow pockets. Alas, if I go into labor tomorrow, you will definitely get a call. Can we plan a Sunday evening chat? I would love that.

paul said...

thank you for the advice melinda. i have added a few aretha songs to the list.

i can see how jonny might incite 4 cds worth of girl power.

at work, some of the doctors bring their ipods to plug in at the physician's work space to keep it real. i figured after listening to some fairly feminist playlist from guys who hold their own, i figured i had better get in touch with my feminine side...you'll have to ask amy if it has worked.

Jill T said...

I have yet to have time to listen to the girl power tunes...hopefully I'll get to it soon. Did you do this because you think you're having a girl?

paul said...

we have no idea what we're having...anxious to find out though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails