Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Number Four...

So I think our big news deserves its own post...


We're expecting our fourth baby! We are about 10 weeks into this now, and our due date is June 23rd. And yes, Dad Risenmay, we meant to...

I have to document our little "scare." Not that it wouldn't have been great... but I was convinced we were having twins again. I've already popped out a bit, and have felt a lot more tired/nauseated than ever before. After feeling my stomach, Paul thought I was feeling a little big too. But my OB took an ultrasound just to be sure... and there is only one heartbeat there. (I'm pretty upset that I can't find the ultrasound to scan right now...) Like I said... not that it wouldn't have been great, but we were trying to figure out how in the world it would work if we had twins again!

But for now, we are just hoping that the age of 2 1/2 will find Abby and Bekah more independent and willing to have a baby around. Michael knows the baby will come right before he turns five, and has been the spreader of good news to many family and friends! He pipes right up to say, "Well, did you know my mom's pregnant?!?" When asked if he thinks it is a boy or a girl, he proclaims that "If it is a boy, he will be like me, and if it is a girl, she will be sweet like mom." It's enough to make this pregnant lady tear up! I know he will be a welcoming brother.

So ready or not... number four, here we come! I'm just glad we a few more months to prepare!

18 comments:

Christene said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you!!!

Melissa said...

That is so funny. I am due like 3 days before you. How are you feeling? there has been no end to my morning sickness, I just got back from the hospital where they had to hook me up to an IV. That is awesome! I am so excited for you!

Jill T said...

Such wonderful news! Don't worry about popping out sooner...blame it on the twins, that's what I did. I'll forever have a good excuse for a little extra around the middle...MULTIPLES! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to find out what you're having!

Tringali Family said...

Congrats! That is so exciting...it is like we were just talking about this very subject.

Joe and Amy said...

YAY! What happy news!

I've taken a break from the bloggin' scene while away for Thanksgiving, but now Joseph is away for a work retreat...so an excuse to stay up way to late and catch up....anyway how exciting for you! Amy, you really need to get connected with Cheryl (Nance) Jackson. You might not even know who she is, but Paul does. Every time I read her posts, I think of you. She has 2 sets of twins and her girls were born within weeks if not days of yours...I think...they were born the spring of 2006 anyway....I'll work on it. (getting a hold of Cheryl, not having twins ;) Talk later! Amy

Joe and Amy said...

Oh and Paul I read your apology about the tatoo comment. It was made by my friend Tifani from Spokane, she is very funny, witty, sarcastic, so there couldn't have been a more fitting remark. I'm sure she would have sent one right back at you, but she's been in LA of all places, to see Wicked and take their 6 kids to have a Disney experience. No worries!

petey said...

boo yeah! congratulations!

MJ said...

I already posted my congrats on Mom and Dad's blog, but it's worth posting again! I can't tell you how excited I am, and I have to admit that my excitement is a bit selfish as I picture how wonderful it will be to have our little one with another wonderful cousin close to his age. I'm sure my over-the-top reaction on the phone summed my joy up quite nicely. Wahoo!

Stephen said...

paul: send me the images now please

Amy F said...

Thanks to all our well-wishers!

Melissa... I have been pretty tired and require an afternoon nap (or everyone suffers...). Luckily the kiddos usually nap at the same time each day. So sad to hear you are so sick. Luckily it is temporary and for such a good cause, right??

Jill... thanks for the reassurance in the popping-out department. We can blame so many things on those multiples, can't we??

Mel... we had our own selfish reasons for being happy when YOU got pregnant... like finally some Frandsen cousins for our kiddos (not that the Tew kids aren't good enough...)! It will be fun to share the year of 2008 with you.

Saysha said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys! I love that you put the pic. of the pregnancy test on there...you are so funny! Good luck with things, I hope you get feeling better in the next couple weeks!

Allan said...

I didn't intend to imply in any way that baby#4 was not intended. I have always respected the decisions that you have made in the past, and I know that you carefully considered this one as well. I hope that Michael is wrong about the baby's hair color, though.
Congratulations, absolutely.

paul said...

thank you everyone for your congratulations. we are pretty excited...

Galo Fab 5 said...

Congratulations Paul and Amy! We are excited for you! Can't believe it's #4. We still can't believe we're going to have 3! Keep us posted!

Carolyn said...

Yes, congratulations. I'm glad you did an official announcement. You are an amazing woman and a wonderful mother. Like I said, those kids are lucky. Oh yeah, you aren't such a bad father either Paul.

paul said...

you're too kind carolyn...

Gabrielle said...

Wow, that is so great!! My twins were 2.5 when Moses was born, and the age difference was about right, I think. They had some adjustment, but I honestly think it would have been even harder for them if they had been older. And any younger and the logistics of dealing with very young toddler twins and a newborn would have been tricky to say the least. And the age difference is fabulous now, they are close enough to play really well together, but the twins are "older" enough that they can help Moses with lots of things, especially now that I'm finding it harder to be chasing and fetching for him.
Congratulations, you guys are so lucky!!!!!!!!!

Amy F said...

Thanks Gabrielle... your wisdom from experience with such things is a comfort to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails