Michael woke up to the news that Brinlee arrived during the night. Here they are bonding over some Trix...
And Max bonded with the girls over breakfast, as well...
The biggest purpose for the trip (unbeknownst to Angela) was a celebration of their 5th anniversary with a re-visit to their honeymoon spots in San Diego. Isn't my little bro thoughtful?? They returned with tales of walking along the beach for hours at a time, wonderful restaurants, and an amazing cove they said we HAVE to go to.
In fact, they were so anxious for us to experience their cove discovery that they offered to extend their trip to let us take an overnight getaway to the same place. Tempting... but we have our own getaway to Havasupi coming up this week! (!!!!!) But we did take them up on the afternoon to get some last-minute preparations done for that backpacking/camping extravaganza. THANK YOU Matt and Ang.
I only wish I had gotten more pictures of those few days... the kids were all so cute together!
Our visit ended at the Huntington Beach pier. We had a full beach day planned... checked the expected temperatures, but failed to notice anything about a wind advisory. After realizing that our skin would be effectively sandblasted if we continued our plans, we headed to the pier where we had a yummy lunch and witnessed amazing winds and waves. I don't know when I've been in stronger wind... it was amazing.
Michael and Brinlee thought it was pretty cool.

Bekah liked it for the first while... but ended up being tired of it.

And I got excellent cuddle time with Abby. She happily buried her head in whichever shoulder of mine was not facing the wind.

When they left, it was nice to say "See you in Branson!"... only 1.5 months away!

12 comments:
What fun! I love family! We are so lucky that we have such a great one! I'm glad you all had such a pleasant time together.
Somehow we need to get Grandma and Grandpa to see this.
That Matt is such a romantic. I'm glad you had a great time in SD. Too bad you didn't have Sarah put a big basket of goodies in your room this time, huh?
amy and paul, your kids are definitely cuter than mine.
Stevie... that pier is the one you and Paul boogie boarded next to this summer. The waves were bonkers... you should have seen them.
Christine... I'm so glad you married my cousin.
Michael helped me pack his suitcase today for his trip to Utah/stay with Grandpatty and Grandpappy. Boy is he hyped. He picked out his favorite shirts and undies, and wants to be sure there is a primary class for him to go to next week. What can I tell him?
Paul and I are busy with last minute preparations for our backpacking/camping trip to Havasupi Falls... there sure is a lot to think about when you carry everything you need with you for 3 1/2 days. We leave Tuesday!
Have a great time!! Where are your girls staying? Take LOTS of pictures. I've heard it is beautiful. Is this just you and Paul, or with a group, or . . . ??
just amy and me in havasupai. my mother dear is good enough to take all the kids for the trip. we are meeting her in st george tuesday morning. i was thinking about being away from the kids and i'm going to miss the little buggers.
stephen: you are definitely the cutest nyc hipster.
paul.
wha?!
i'm crying right now
My kids are loving the video clip of Michael and Brinlee eating. They want to watch it over and over...I'm excited to hear a report of your vacation! Good Luck Aunt Pat!
sorry peter. but really you two are inseperable in your apartment there and so any compliment i pay stephen is tied to your beautiful spirit.
Wow Amy! I didn't know you guys are going to Havasupai! I went there with Jan's scout group, and it was the best hiking trip I have ever had. Be sure to take tons of pictures, and Amy be ready for a hike! I have been pleading with everyone to take a family trip to havasupai for years, and now you guys are going! Oh well, just make sure paul dosn't jump off of anything over 75 ft. The final falls has some great jumping spots.
So, how did Matt get to be so romantic? I think, for our fifth anniv. we sent out for real pizza instead of just cooking up some frozen.
Tell your kids that if they come and visit us, we will serve Chocolate-Flavored Sugar Bombs instead of Trix. For an extra-special treat, we use Dr. Pepper instead of milk.
Abby, Bekah and I are watching the movies on the blog. We are having so much fun.
Yesterday while we were driving home from St. George Michael kept pointing out clouds and what he thought they looked like. He said one looked like a whale with a toot coming out and another one looked like a lower case h.
I am so lucky to have Judy as my friend, she drove all the way to and from St. George with me.
Post a Comment