
at the world wide leadership training yesterday president monson talked a lot about the aricles of faith. my mom taught me the songs as a kiddo and i have remembered them ever since. lately, i have been singing them to michael in lieu of a bedtime story--when i'm home. the other night we asked him if he would sing one for us.
here is video of the article he chose and his first vocal performance of it (you'll notice that before he started singing he walked up to the 'pretend primary pulpit' in our front room):
incidentally, if you made it to this post, thank you. we decided to make the blog private and therefore invited as many people as we thought might be interested in reading about our time here in california--no matter how remote we thought your interest might be:) feel free to comment and thanks for stopping by.

24 comments:
I especially liked the high notes! Going private is a good thing. For some reason I googled Stephen Frandsen last nite and was surprised to have Delatar show up, Shigeki's Shake and the Frandsen Times all come up with personal info on him. And, who knows, he may run for president some time.
Uh, that's a little worrisome to me. That defeats the whole purpose of going private. Do any of you experts know how to block the blogs from a goole search? Yeah for Stephen, I think he wanted it on google, but I would prefer the frandsen times to stay private...
and Michael, great job singing! We're all impressed
even if the name shows up in a google search, if you click on the link you shouldn't be able to get to the page unless you have a log in...
Amy,
You did such a good job with the twins' birthday cakes- they were so cute, and the girls sure looked adorable eating them! I can't believe that they are already 1!
Yes, going private makes me feel a lot more comfortable sharing with our family and friends. Some of you may be getting more information than you really want about us, but we must appease the grandparents, aunts, and uncles as well...
Nice to see you here, Chelsey.
jill: i think it is still a good idea to avoid using last and first names together...
those were some fun stories you told about all five of you standing up to catch your three children...all this in the front of sacrament meeting.
chelsey: hi!
dad: stephen's famous!
Wow, Michael I am so proud of you. I couldn't believe you memorized the whole 4th article of faith song. We all sang it for FHE last night. A few of us even had a hard time with it. I can't wait to hear you sing when you come to our house in April. We are going to do some very fun things. Grandpatty
Michael says: I sang my song and remembered the words! That's all!
Amy: wow! You have been so busy! I am not surprised, but I am still impressed. Watching your blog videos has become part of our routine at night. We check the blogs, smile at your adorable children, laud you and Paul's fruitful parenting efforts and dream of the day when we will be making cute birthday cakes, flying children around the living room and chasing them up the church isles. What great examples we have!
This is going to be so much fun watching Michael, Bekka and Abby? (hope the spelling is right) grow up right before our eyes.
Whoops...I meant Bekah. Sorry.
it means so much that you are invested in our kids. thank you.
i'll give $50 to any adult on the this blog who can write/type out article of faith 7 and 12 without looking up anything or singing it to yourself. just starting writing now. i'm curious to see the attempts...
i think jill and amy and any other young primary-ish age mother might have a slight advantage. but what about the rest of us? verbatim? できるかな?
good luck, i'll be watching.
Peter-
That's a good challenge. I have to concede though, because I always get the order messed up on the 7th article of faith. But here's the 8th: We believe the Bible to be the word of God, as far as it is translated correctly. We also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
Who's up for the 9th?
I admit that after the first four, and the thirteenth of course, the order of it all runs together for me too, Peter. Perhaps they should make the number part of the song, and we'd all be fine.
I'll have Paul try for the $50... definately worth a shot. Are you good for it, Petey??
I hope some of you have been able to hear the new primary song, "I'll Follow Him In Faith"? It is a jewel, and I love hearing Michael sing it. There is something so pure about a child's voice.
amy.
i'm a man of my word. i paid a $20 bet to a friend when the bears lost the superbowl. but you can't prepare him. he has to read it and go right on the spot.
Petey:
That is a good challenge, and I'm sad to say I can't even remember what the 7th article is about. Isn't the twelfth about kings and obedience and other such things? I could have done it in primary.
why only adults peter, I think the young people of today ought to be able to get a shot at it, even if I don't even know 5-13.
farcles.
by adults i mean anyone outside of primary, so play along if you like...
petey: i know all the articles of faith by memory (thanks to the songs--some nights i sing them all to michael). however, i don't know which article is which number. ironically, for the last 2 weeks i have been planning to memorize the order so i could sing them to michael in order. little did i know that it wasn't just a matter of michael's salvation, but importantly...$50. sorry to dissapoint :(
on second thought, i'll quote two and see what happens:
7-we believe in the gift of tongues, prophesy, revelations, visions, healings, interpretations of tongues and so forth.
12-we believe in being subject to kings, president, rulers and majistrates in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law.
don't pay me peter.
libby probably biased me.
'president' was a typo.
i was wrong on 'revelations', 'healings' and 'interpretations'--all are singular.
ah the gloom of money never owned, yet lost.
paul. i at least give you cred for even attempting. no one else even gave it a shot. sorry for highjacking the thread like that...
ps. now that its private, can request a word verification removal...?
Post a Comment