This morning found us celebrating winter with our very own snowstorm!!!

Michael was SO excited... "It snowed, like at Lafey's house!" "Let's make a snowman!" He wanted to get jackets on and throw snowballs at each other's jackets... "right away!" So we bundled up in flip-flops and fleeces for the occasion.

He wasn't even disappointed when the slush we rummaged for was only enough to make one handfull of really cold water. So who says it doesn't snow here? Hasn't this snowy cold weather been just awful, though? I mean, it's been so cold for so long I can hardly stand it!! (tee-hee)
Everyone also needed to see the darling University of Kentucky Mary Ann (the Kentucky grandma!) sent for the girls. I figured this freezing weather warranted fitting fleecy attire for them.

Keep warm, everyone! It's a cold one out there! I think I'll wear socks today.

18 comments:
That was the sweetest sound I heard yesterday when Michael said,,"Grandma it snowed, Grandma it snowed." I was so surprised he actually talked on the phone. My Kentucky girls look happy to.
hi mom! this was the sweetest comment to see you have a user name and may talk to us more on the site. michael must have been pretty excited. this was one of his rare occasions to talk with anyone on the phone.
I know this is mostly a Frandsen blog, but....
The snow with palm trees in the background is just too weird. We cannot get a bit of snow here. Just cold. Our high today is 20 deg.
Michael, as usual looks like he is the time of his life, and the Kentucky girls? Those outfits just didn't happen to come from Mary Ann, did they?
Thanks for the pictures, although they make me miss you guys like crazy.
this blog is definitely not just a frandsen thing. we're glad to have you comment here.
doesn't it make you proud to have true 'kentucky girl' grandaughters...?
it's good to see the girls know their true heritage
seems like aj heard something on espn about maysville girls..?
what part of kentucky is truly the girls heritage? my grandpa used to call amy a kentucky blue-blood when we were dating...maybe that's it.
Cute cute pictures. What wonderful Kentucky outfits!
Our snow here has almost all melted (finally). I wouldn't have expected it to stick around for a month. Hopefully you folks in Oregon can get some snow, and not just cold...
I am not sure if I am mistaken, but is Heatherette a Kentucky babe?
Just because Matt's blog is dysfunctioning doesn't mean you can mention Heatherette here.
Yes... Paul's Grandpa calls me the Kentucky blue-blood. Although I always felt my family was in Kentucky but not of Kentucky, I still say that's where I was from. Kind of cool, because hardly anyone knows anyone from Kentucky. What a novelty. Giddyup.
Oh... and by the way... 24 SEASON 6 STARTS TONIGHT!!! What will beset Jack Baur and the American Nation today???
7:59:58 pm... 7:59:59 pm...
Amy was born in Provo, Utah in Utah Valley Hospital, to poor starving students. Her mother Valerie was a military brat born in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, but lived ages 5 though 18 in Goldsboro, North Carolina. Amy's grandfather Jones was from Wing, Alabama, and grandmother was born in Orlando, Florida, B.D. (Before Disney). Amy's father was born in the Shelley Maternity Home in Shelley, Idaho, the spud capital of Souteast Idaho. His mother in Idaho Falls, Idaho, and father at his home in the famous city of Woodville, Idaho, the capital of, well, Woodville, Idaho.
Sorry, Paul. Not much of a Kentucky blue-blood. Nevertheless, every Kentucky blue-blood teenaged boy in Maysvile, Kentucky didn't care where the heck she was from, and she was a Kentucky Babe to them.
from sea to shining sea amy comes from a grand heritage. there are two wrinkles.
her other mom was born and raised in slip-up, kentucky...
despite having dated 11 1/2 months before marriage and a ripe 8 months before engagement, she had dated more boys from kentucky for a longer period of time than from anywhere else in the world by the time we were hitched...
so while she maintains a part of each of the communities in which her progentiors were born and despite the fact that she has lived in utah longer than anywhere else. she faithfully claims kentucky and i faithfully claim her as my kentucky blue-blood.
neeeeeiiiiigghh!!
New rule: No farm animal noises in referrence to loved ones...
I'm so glad my daddy decided to dispell my proud history and heritage. I just hope no psycho-genaeological wierdo uses it steal my identity for family history purposes.
But this blue-blood is proud to be the daughter of a true spud and a southern belle. Paul really didn't realize what he was getting himself into, did he?? Yee-haw.
And did my beloved family decide to take my television-viewing advice and tune into 24 last night???
... my appologies to Mr. Jack Bauer for misspelling his name in my previous comment. No disrespect was meant to you, or your kin (except Kim... gee I hope she doesn't show up this season).
Amy, after your Sunday night hurried calll, I rushed to the TV, and found out that we had missed 24 by an hour. Something to do with that Pac/Mountain time zone thing. We tried to look for a late night replay, or anything possible on the dish, and couldn't find it. If you like it so much, we know it has to be good, and so we will try to lay down our scriptures next Sunday night and become 24 junkies too.
Besides, we had a Stake Priesthood Mtg. last night. I was sitting between four Deacons, and the pews ahead of us and behind us were full of sleeping MP. If the stake wants to have meetings on Sunday evenng, instead of sacrament they need to pass out ritalin and amphetamines.
since i don't get to watch episode 3 & 4 till later in the week, but put a WARNING at the start of you comment if you are going to talk about spoilers...
WARNING: last nights two shows were outstanding. jack fallible? the carotid artery with your teeth? amy says the count is at one. will jack be more humane with less kills just fresh off his tortuous stay in china..?
i don't know the safety of the sites, but here are downloads of episode one and two from season 6 of 24:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/546585
http://www.mininova.org/tor/546830
I don't know how all this works, but here is another possible source for the episodes...
http://tvrss.net/search/?show_name=24&show_name_exact=true
Sorry, Amy, I kind of forgot the rule not to put too much personal data on blogs, didn't I? In a big way! I will try do better.
Actually, I am a secretly adopted son of Donald Trump and one of his wives and when he dies, we will all be BILLIONAIRES!!!! All of that other stuff was to throw any blob lurkers off.
Ok If you have lived and slept and ate and drank and breathed the Kentucky air longer then 5 years and been raised in the blue blood State , it seem's to me you might all have a bit of blue blood in ya. And if any one else say's something NEG. about KY. you can all kiss my Slip-UP. Amy as far as I am concern you are a true Thorobreed and the best of the blue blood; aside from ME.
Mary Ann... no better compliment from you! You are truly a #1 KY fan... and it is so fun to see you on our blog!!! Welcome, welcome! I'm so glad you came.
I miss my Ky. girls and Michael.
Post a Comment