Saturday, November 04, 2006

hanging out...

In Amy's post, she caught some great moments from our weekend, but I wanted to highlight some of my more favorite events...

1. Biking in the San Bernardino mountains. Relaxing and in good company.


2. The Beach...The girls got stuck at Ikea so Matt and I enjoyed the beauty in kid-filled solitude. We were quite the couple.



3. Amy's Halloween Party...Michael's best friends.



4. Just Hanging Out...

15 comments:

Matt said...

Those are some sweet, sweet biking pictures. I've got to get out more on the trails here in ABQ

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that those are the cutest inchworms I have ever seen. And what can I say about the handsome football player. Michael, you'll have to teach me how to say those funny named football players names again when you come out. We can't wait to see you. G.patty

Anonymous said...

hannah and lafe, they aren't at my school.

libby and dj aren't at preschool.

manase tonga and hala paongo and john beck and jason beck and curtis brown and hala paongo and steve young and john beck and the quarterback john beck. (word for word)

paul said...

Too bad we don't have a little more to report from the week... we aren't getting out much, it seems. All of us except Paul have some kind of a cold that makes us a little grumpy with runny noses. Paul has started a new rotation, and it has quite a different schedule than we're used to. He leave between 3-4 each morning and gets home after 6... if all goes well. He's lucky to even see the kids awake. I'm already counting down the days of the month.

Michael has asked to wear his costume every day since Halloween. The other night he wore it to bed, and I had to convince him that he didn't want to wear it to church today. Luckily, he's forgotten he ever had Halloween candy. I haven't, though. I should probably just throw it away!

Bekah is now pulling herself up on everything... and she loves the new view! She gets the prize for pulling the most things off of shelves.

Abby is letting go and standing now... I counted 14 seconds yesterday. She gets a pretty big kick out of it.

This week I teach preschool... can you believe we are already at letter "L"?

Matt said...

Michael,

I can totally relate. John Beck, Hala Paongo, Manase Tonga, Jason Beck, Curtis Brown... It is BYU-Football on the brain. It is hard to avoid considering they are so incredible, and ranked in the Top 25 (AP poll) for the first time since the 01' season. But, let us not forget Fui. Never forget Fui.

Anonymous said...

touchdown fui vakapuna!

paul said...

Great to have you on mom! Thank you for gracing our blog AND commenting.

and libby, nice to hear that you looked too...

Stephen said...

the letter L: love, luscious, latent, lazy, lumps, lackluster, lent, and lust (but maybe you should keep lust out of preschool...).

Stephen said...

oh and amy you can go to the dominion now...

paul said...

hello brother. good to see you making shameless plugs here in california.

paul said...

Our L week:

making Ls with our bodies, mailing letters, Listening, Looking, Leaf hunt, follow the Leader, the old Lady who swallowed a fly, things I Like, Limbo, Leapfrog, Little red riding hood, Lemonade, Lions (the Lion and the mouse)...

Sorry to disappoint you, Stevie. Perhaps I'll teach them the word luscious when we make lemonade.

Tonight Paul is on call and Michael and I sat down to dinner. He helped me set the table, and I sat down in Paul's usual spot. Michael said: "No, mamma. I want to be the man of the house." He rembered a previous night when Paul was gone and I told him that he gets to the be the man of the house when daddy is gone. He wanted to sit in Paul's spot... and he did. I'm so happy to always have a man in my house!

paul said...

michael: you're the man.

paul said...

lantus, liver lacerations, litiginous, L-1 L-2 ligamentous injury, left lower lobe lung effusions, lame livid surgeons and leery interns.

Matt said...

Light saber, Luke Skywalker, Lando Calrissian, Princess Leia, Lars Moisture Farm, Light Speed (the jungle version).

paul said...

fah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails